1. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
Okuno & Partners (“O&P”) complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (“Personal Information Protection Act”) and other applicable laws and regulations when handling personal information within O&P.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
O&P acquires personal information in an appropriate manner only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use of such personal information.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
O&P uses the personal information collected and held by O&P for the following purposes. Except where permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or any other relevant law or regulation, O&P will not use an individual’s personal information for any purpose outside of those listed below, without that individual’s prior consent.
- Performing various legal services related to requested matters and making necessary communications for such purposes;
- Sending greeting cards, invitations to seminars and other events, and preparation of lists of names necessary for such purposes;
- Notification of information regarding various legal services provided by O&P;
- Responding to various inquiries;
- Recruitment of attorneys and staff;
- Personnel management and attendance management for attorneys and staff employed by O&P; or
- Any other purpose incidental to the above-mentioned ones.
4. Retention and Management of Personal Information
O&P strives to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, and takes security control measures to prevent loss, damage or leakage of personal information.
- Establishing a person responsible for the handling of personal data and maintaining a system to report to those responsible in the event that a violation of the law or internal regulations is detected or any sign of such a violation is detected.
- Conducting periodic self-inspections of the status of personal data handling
- Matters related to confidentiality of personal data are described in the Rules of Employment
- Devising measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, and documents that handle personal data, and implementing measures to ensure that personal data is not easily revealed when such equipment, electronic media, etc. are carried.
- Installing mechanisms to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized external access or unauthorized software.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
O&P does not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the relevant person identified by such personal information or unless authorized or approved by laws and regulations.
6. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Handling of Complaint of Personal Information
If O&P receives requests to disclose, correct or suspend the use of personal information in the possession of O&P from persons identified by such personal information, O&P will respond to such request appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations
With respect to our handling of personal information, O&P will also promptly respond to any complaints or inquiries from you in good faith.
For details on the procedures for the above requests and complaints, please contact us at the address listed under item no.9.
Please note that O&P may not be able to comply with your request if it does not meet the requirements prescribed by the Personal Information Protection Act or if O&P is authorized by laws and regulations to refuse your request.
8. Name, Address, and Name of the Representative
Okuno & Partners
Kyobashi TD Bldg. 8F, 1-2-5 Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Representative Partners: Yoshihiko Okuno & Koji Fujita
9. Inquiry Contact
- Hidetomo Omizu, Attorney at Law
- Tel: +81-3-3274-3807
- Office hours:
- Weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.