1. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
Okuno & Partners (“O&P”) complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (“Personal Information Protection Act”) and other applicable laws and regulations when handling personal information within O&P.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
O&P acquires personal information in an appropriate manner only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use of such personal information.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
O&P uses the personal information collected and held by O&P for the following purposes. Except where permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or any other relevant law or regulation, O&P will not use an individual’s personal information for any purpose outside of those listed below, without that individual’s prior consent.
- Performing various legal services related to requested matters and making necessary communications for such purposes;
- Sending greeting cards, invitations to seminars and other events, and preparation of lists of names necessary for such purposes;
- Notification of information regarding various legal services provided by O&P;
- Responding to various inquiries;
- Recruitment of attorneys and staff;
- Personnel management and attendance management for attorneys and staff employed by O&P; or
- Any other purpose incidental to the above-mentioned ones.
4. Retention and Management of Personal Information
O&P strives to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, and takes security control measures to prevent loss, damage or leakage of personal information.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
O&P does not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the relevant person identified by such personal information or unless authorized or approved by laws and regulations.
6. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Handling of Complaint of Personal Information
If O&P receives requests to disclose, correct or suspend the use of personal information in the possession of O&P from persons identified by such personal information, O&P will respond to such request appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations
With respect to our handling of personal information, O&P will also promptly respond to any complaints or inquiries from you in good faith.
For details on the procedures for the above requests and complaints, please contact us at the address listed below.
Please note that O&P may not be able to comply with your request if it does not meet the requirements prescribed by the Personal Information Protection Act or if O&P is authorized by laws and regulations to refuse your request.
For inquiries, please contact:
- Hidetomo Omizu, Attorney at Law
- Tel: +81-3-3274-3807
- Office hours:
- Weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.